11/26/09

Happy Thanksgiving

Just want to take the time to wish everyone here in America a "Happy Thanksgiving".

For those who celebrate this holiday, just take the time to focus on what's important and give thanks for all the blessings that came to your life. Although, there will be some who will some how turn this holiday into a negative (by commemorating the fact that the Piligrims killed the Native Americans after the First Thanksgiving dinner), I just want to just focus on your own blessings and not focus on the negative things in your life, and the negative things around the world. It would be hard to give thanks if that is your mindset.


As far as what I'm personally thankful for... I am most thankful for my family, most especially my mom the fact that she is still alive and survived all her battles with stress and health (plus, her patience is extremely admirable considering she has to put up with me, lol). She is one of the most loving people I know, and for those of you who are thankful can really see that. I'm also thankful for my progress. Although it is hard to see through some standards, I have done so much more during the past 11 months in getting where I want to be, than I have during the previous 2 years, and if I am able to keep going at it, there is no doubt that I can be where I want to be in a year from now. I am also thankful for all my friends. People that I have met during the past year, and people I have known beforehand... you all have had a profound impact in my life.


For all that I've mentioned above... I am truly thankful. Although we're all supposed to take time everyday to reflect on what you're thankful for, it is a known fact that we don't do it simply because we have other "priorities" to worry about. So now that we are officially designated a particular day when we are supposed to, make sure you get your priorities straight.


So to all who are reading... Happy Thanksgiving!!! And let this be the start of a great Holiday!!! :-)


D4P...PD!!!

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment