6/1/12

Bringing the Dose Back

Didn't realize it's been a while since I have blogged. The last time I have was when the Vikings played the Redskins in the 2010 season. That's TOO long. I'm not exactly sure (or remember) why I indefinitely stopped blogging, but I must have had too many things on my mind in between then and now.

Not really going to get too much into what I've been up to in between now and then, but just to briefly elaborate, since then, I have turned 30, I shaved my head, and started running a business in the service industry. My family acquired a failing laundromat at July 2011, and I have been tasked to turn it around and ultimately make it a success. I have been definitely up for the challenge since then, and it is continued until now. I have indefinitely put my motivational ventures on hold to focus on this, but definitely not killed it as my inspirational speaking is, has always has a huge place in my heart as I can pin anything significant in my own life specifically to this. But, I still continue to inspire people daily with great public service, and with everything I do. (Not to mention, I still post the birthday videos that I'm known for, and do a speech every now and then just to stay sharp). But, as of right now, the timing right now really isn't right to go touring and get bookings, as I have other goals, and the world's perception of "expertise" is, in my opinion, wrongly skewed (won't get into that, but just to sum everything up in one word, all I have to say is "Snooki").

Come to think of it, over the past year and a half or so, I have come to realize that "motivation" or "inspiration" isn't really my passion, and never really has been. It's helping people, and overcoming challenges. I was just using speaking as a vehicle to fulfill that passion. Although there's no better thrill than to "work a crowd", the time isn't right and the world is not quite aligned. As I said, I will eventually get back into that, but as of now, I can express this passion in other ways.

As far as the world is concerned, there are way too many things that took place. If I took the time to think about each notable famous person that died, as well as all the major events that took place in news, pop culture, I will waste months on end, just staring in my computer trying to think about what to blog about and how to blog about it. Heck, if I just talk about what's been happening in the DC sports scene (which is inherently my other "passion"), I can fill a sports talk radio show with content for weeks on end.

But, as I was going to bed last night, I had so many thoughts I had to get out, so I had this strong feeling in my gut to bring this blog back. Now, I'm not going to make any guarantees as to what exactly I'll post about, and how frequently I will post, but I WILL post! I know for sure that I will not go almost 20 months without an update.

Also, because I'm bringing this back, why not do it in a somewhat different way? Depending on if I get reactions from my articles, I do want to be more interactive. So, if you see this posted blog on Facebook (facebook.com/Obedoza) or Twitter (@OBECorp), and have a comment about what I wrote, or should write about, definitely get back at me. Or, if I just have a lot of people react to something I have done in or out of cyberspace, I will definitely write about it here.

All I can say is stay tuned to what I have in store. Like I said, I'm not going to overhype anything (like I usually do), but I will do my best to keep it interesting, OBE-style. I will make another post soon, but hopefully, not too soon.

D4P...PD!!!
#OBE

No comments:

Post a Comment