10/4/10

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

I hope you have your pink and proudly displaying it.

Many people know how much this cause hits my heart. I have been running Susan G. Komen's Race for the Cure during the past 3 years, and have been an advocate for this cause and even raised some decent money for this cause. My family has had a history with this disease, and it has even affected my mother. It's a terrible disease, and I would never want to see anyone bear the pain that I've seen my mom bear from this disease. It's undoubtedly one of the most lethal silent killers of women around the world, killing millions of women every year. I bet we all personally know at least one person that has been directly affected with breast cancer.

This disease really hits my heart close, so much so, that I was compelled to even created my own breast cancer awareness promotional product. I give these out to anyone who has joined me in the cause to fight breast cancer and making a donation. (See the page for details).

I just wanted to write this to remind everyone to wear their pink this month. If you're like me, and feel it's not your kind of color, just remember that it's for a great cause and you're doing it for millions of women around the world... or maybe just one woman you personally know who has been severely affected by this disease. If you don't have any pink to wear, donate any amount of money (big or small) and I'll be glad to send you something to wear.

So with that, don't forget to wear your pink this month. It's definitely appropriate, it's for a great cause, and you definitely won't be less of a man (if you are one) for doing so. Millions of women will love you for it.

D4P...PD!!!
-OBE

No comments:

Post a Comment