10/12/10

One Way to Be the Best in the World at What You Do...

...is to be the only one in the world who can do what you do.

I've always believed in this. You have to be unique, and differentiate yourself (and what you do) from everyone else, so much so, that no one else can do what you do. 

Even if a talent is a "general" talent, you can still be the best in the world at it. For example, anyone can cook, but not anyone can fry chicken with in a very unique and unforgettable way. Colonel Sanders found out how to it with 3 secret spices, and launched Kentucky Fried Chicken with his "Original Recipe". He became the best in the world at cooking chicken in that manner (not in general... although, that can be argued). If you put your own unique twist on something you do every day, and you can do it like nobody else in the world can... then you will be the best in the world at what you do.

That's how I approach a lot of things in life, whether it be speaking, marketing, etc. Lord knows I'm not the best in the world at any of those things if you look at it from a general point of view. However, most people who have seen my work know that I do things so differently, that they don't know how to "classify" me, and stick me in my own category. Therefore, since I'm the only one in my own niche, I'm the undisputed best person at it.

The concept may be a little hard to fathom, but if you think about it, it's kind of simple to grasp. To be declared the best at anything, you usually have to win a race to earn the right to be called the best. It's easier to win the race if there aren't many horses in the race (much less... if you are the only horse).

D4P...PD!!!
-OBE

No comments:

Post a Comment