8/12/10

Advice For Some of My Facebook Peeps...

I know a lot of my Facebook Friends don't read my blog. And those that probably need to read this blog probably won't even read it...

Whenever I log into Facebook, it amazes some of the status updates and posts I see. I'm all for free expression (always have been), so don't get me wrong. But it's odd that people would just say anything, post anything, do anything, not thinking at all if there would be any future repercussions...

I don't want to sound like some kind of prude by saying what I'm about to say, but some people shouldn't be posting TMI posts to the precise detail to when you fart (true story). And some posts just make some people look stupider than they actually are with every other word being a curse word, or with people just plainly saying very offensive or idiotic things. I doubt people don't want to be portrayed as such.


Your online profiles are a reflection of you. I get that many of us have "warts" and imperfections... but does that mean that we should always flaunt them like some badge of honor? Some of our imperfections show others the adversity we've been through, but many show others how weak our character is and paints us in a negative light. The latter imperfections are what we should not "flaunt".


The reason why I believe this, is because Facebook and Social Media is getting so popular, that it will be here to stay for the foreseeable future. And in my opinion, sites like Facebook and LinkedIn are the future of background checks (if it isn't already). As privacy in these sites get less (which probably will happen due to the power of money and corporate sponsorship), these sites will become a more efficient way for businesses, prospective mates, or people in general, to look other people up and keep up with them. So we have to be careful with what we post in here.


So, in my opinion, just watch what you put out there. Like I said, you never know who is, or will be watching.


D4P...PD!!!
-OBE

No comments:

Post a Comment