8/13/10

Happy Friday (the 13th)

As we all know, the first day of this month started on a Sunday, which only means that it's Friday the 13th.

Personally, I don't think much of Friday the 13th and the bad luck it's supposed to bring you. I honestly don't think much of superstitions in general. I always believe that things happen to you based on the position that you put yourself in. Sure, once in a while, you do get bad luck here and there, but I hardly doubt, and probably can't be proven, that it has something to do with what day it is, how many mirrors you break, or what ritual you've done (or didn't do).

Although, I would say that if you believe in something strong enough... that it will probably come true for you. (Which explains why those who believe they are always destined for bad luck will always experience it, and why positive affirmations usually work). So only in that case, I do believe that superstitions could be true.

But I will say that I'm not totally anti-superstitious. The only time when I really get superstitious is when I cheer for my favorite sports teams. The Redskins play tonight in preseason, and you can sure bet, I will be crazily superstitious (such as thinking that me watching the game will have an impact on the team's performance).

So I just wanted to throw that out there. It's just a short blog, so think of it as it is. If you were expecting more, tune in another day. But I will say, that I actually had a more good days than bad days during Friday the 13th, with no traces of Jason Voorhees trying to whack me. 

Go Redskins.


D4P...PD!!!
-OBE

No comments:

Post a Comment