8/11/10

When in Doubt, Don't...

...press "Send".

...or "Publish", or "Share", or whatever the button may say that may cause your questionable Internet post/e-mail/blog to go public for everyone to see.

I was about to make a stupid mistake. I was a little over-the-top in this particular blog entry. But after pausing and reflecting, before I pressed the orange "Publish Post" button, I had doubts and just decided to scrap the blog, with "Select All" then pressing "Delete" and starting over.

To make a long story short, I was about to post a very controversial and possibly offensive blog that will lose a lot of the respect that I have worked hard to gain. I realize that by deleting, it does kind of go against my philosophy of not being afraid to show yourself, no matter how controversial it may be, "warts and all". But at the same time, I have to respect myself enough that I wouldn't want to be taken as a joke of some sort. Posting that controversial blog would have probably done just that.

Now I know I'll probably disappoint some people by not posting that blog, as many may think of me as a prude, or may be curious what I was about to post. Let's just say, that I felt it was so crude and offensive, that if many women that I like happen to read it, I would have no chance of a date. Needless to say, I felt I made the right decision. 


So in case you have any doubts about what you'll post... just don't post it. This actually follows the advice Ted Leonsis gave in the blog I discussed a few entries ago. You have to consider yourself as a very important person, with enough respect for yourself to uphold your importance. One wrong move can destroy all that.


An upside to openly posting something controversial, is that it will ultimately get you readers and possibly popularity. But at what cost? I personally won't sell myself out to get a few minutes of fame here and there.


So those are my 2 cents for today. And in case you were wondering why my blog was a little late today, this entry should have explained it.


D4P...PD!!!
-OBE

No comments:

Post a Comment