8/1/10

OBE's Rejuvenated Dose - Time to Start a Habit

Today must have been one of the busiest Sundays doing chores I had in a while. My whole basement was flooding this afternoon due to a broken water filter. There was a panel on a wall that was nailed in front of the shut off valve, so it took me a bit of time to shut off the water. Therefore, I, along with my family, spent the whole day cleaning and sanitizing the basement. Not cool.

After working on the whole basement today (and skipping lunch), I really didn't feel like doing anything else. But, I made a promise in yesterday's blog, and I'll be damned if I break it. I promised that due to this blog approaching it's 1 year anniversary, I would announce something on this blog that will reward my readers, and hopefully gain a few more. So, starting today, I for the next 14 days, I will post at least one blog each day, whether a short quick thought, a huge content-rich and possibly educational post, or somewhere in the middle.

I feel I have to do this because, admittedly, I have been slackin on this blog. That's unacceptable, and that's something I'm not proud of. I have to use this outlet a lot more to express myself in a way, in a more loquacious manner than a 140-420 character status update. So, I promise I'll start doing so a lot more.

But why did I choose these next 14 days? Believe it or not, there's actually a reason for that. It has been said to me several times (mostly from reading, and from seminar listening), that it takes 14 straight days for a habit to formulate. So if I post at least something during these next 14 days, I can get into a habit of posting something everyday (or if not everyday, very frequently) well past those 14 days.

The way I see it, there shouldn't be many excuses for me to not post something. Reporters and media people consider blogs (along with Twitter, Facebook, and other social pages) as part of the "new media" and many post every day. Heck, even one of my business heroes, Ted Leonsis, who owns several professional sports teams, and has tons of other businesses, finds a way to post plenty of entries each day and keep in touch with his readers. So if he can do it, I'm sure I can. Not to mention, I finally got a smart phone (a Droid X), and it has a blogger app I can use.

So there you have it... these next 14 days are hopefully gonna be the start of something great with this blog. I'm sure there will always be something to talk about, so I shouldn't have too many excuses. But for those who are reading this, please hold me accountable if I'm not posting anything. With your help, I can even do more great things with this.

So definitely stay tuned for the next couple of weeks (and perhaps longer). It should be a good ride.

D4P...PD!!!
-OBE 

No comments:

Post a Comment